It’s wonderful to hear these words from friends or family. How much MORE exciting would it be to hear these words from God? According to the New Testament, there are two ways we can amaze God.
1. The first way to amaze God is to doubt him.
In Mark 6, Jesus was teaching and preaching in his hometown. The people were impressed by his teaching and curious about His miracles, but they were offended to think that this man who had grown up among them wanted to be Lord over their lives.
"He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them."
"And He was amazed at their lack of faith."
I wonder how many times I amaze God this way.
- How many times do I read His promises, hear His Word preached, see His hand in my life and in the lives of others, and continue to doubt and disbelieve?
- How often do I take offense at God when He instructs me to surrender a stronghold in my life?
- How often do I hold something tightly in my fist, not allowing God to take it out, failing to realize that clenching my fist also prevents Him from putting anything in it?
2. The second way to amaze God is to believe Him.
Luke 7 tells of a Roman centurion whose beloved servant was sick. Perhaps he had heard Jesus preach, for the Bible says he loved the Jewish nation and had given money to help build a synagogue. When he heard Jesus was in town, he sent elders to ask Jesus to heal his servant.
Jesus, started toward his home, but the centurion sent him these words: 'Lord, do not trouble Yourself, for I am not worthy that You should enter under my roof. Therefore I did not even think myself worthy to come to You. But say the word, and my servant will be healed.'"
"And Jesus was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following Him, He said, 'I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel.'”
I wonder how many times I amaze God this way?
- How many times do I read His promises, hear His Word preached, see His hand in my life and in the lives of others, and choose to trust and believe?
- How often do I quickly and willingly obey when He instructs me to surrender a stronghold in my life?
- How often do I hold something loosely in my hands, trusting Him to remove anything I do not need and replace it with every good and perfect gift?
I want to amaze God with my faith. Let's be AMAZING together!
WOW Lead Writers page.