|imagerymajestic Free Digital Photos|
- Appeal to felt needs, not actual needs.
- Tell us we're victims, not sinners.
- Tell us we're wonderful just the way we are.
- Use only Bible verses that make us feel good about ourselves.
- Exclude verses that talk about holiness, dying to self, or obeying God's commands.
God is holy and He demands ... yes, demands ... holiness from His beloved children.
- Our "old man" = selfishness
- Our "new man" = holiness
- Our only hope = doing all things in Christ's strength (Philippians 4:13).
LISTEN to this devotion below. If you can't get the audio on Internet Explorer, try another browser.
Subscribers need to click the link in the title and come to the Bible Love Notes site. Thanks.
To read a 1-minute devotion like this each weekday, sign up for a free subscription at 1-Minute Bible Love Notes.