I lost my temper the other day.
So I need this reminder about Biblical anger management. Maybe some of you could use it too.
So how do we control the ugly anger monster?
Here’s some things I’m doing that have helped me in the past.
1. Memorize verses relating to anger (Prov. 16:32; 19:11; 29:11)
Reciting, memorizing and meditating on God’s Word changes us supernaturally.
2. Listen carefully and think before speaking—this helps us avoid misunderstandings that lead to anger (James 1:19-20)
3. Ask God to show us the underlying sins that led to our anger (James 4:1,2)
4. Deal with problems quickly (Ephesians 4:26). Unresolved problems grow worse.
5. Realize the danger of unresolved anger--it gives Satan control in our lives (Ephesians 4:27).
Only God can change us, but these things help us yield our will to His.
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
* click on any Scripture reference to read the verse online.
Gail would love to have you check out her site Bible Love Notes where she posts a
1-minute devotion each weekday. And if you'd like a short Bible study each Monday, check out her site Bite Size Bible Study.