- I will quit looking for answers unless/until God wants to give them.
- I give up my desire for closure and justice here on earth.
- I give up my desire to see my offender change or care.
- When unproductive thoughts overtake me, I will bless my offender in prayer and with appropriate action.
- I will not listen to/accept false blame from Satan.
- Instead, I will listen to God’s conviction and ask Him to remind me of the good in my life and in this situation.
- I release all bitterness by the power of God’s Spirit because I cannot do it on my own.
- And I do these things because I love Christ and owe Him my life.
Bitterness destroys, but God restores!
copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
Scripture references for each point on the list:
1, 2, 3 = Philippians 2:5-8
4 = Romans 12:14, 17-21
5 = 1 Peter 5:8,9
6 = Conviction of sin:1 John 1:9; 2 Timothy 3:16,17; Good in our lives: Philippians 4:8; Good in bad situations: Romans 8:28.
7 = Ephesians 3:20,21; Philippians 4:13
8 = John 10:10,11; 1 Corinthians 6:20
Gail writes a one-minute devotion like the one above each weekday on her site Bible Love Notes. Look below for 6 examples and click on any that sound interesting!